Friday, October 7, 2016

Life of PiLife of Pi by Yann Martel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I rated this book with 5-star after realizing something very important in life that I have just found after some mystified moments upon finishing the book. At first I thought I will just finish the book just to say that I've read it but after closing the cover page of the book I even asked the same question Pi gave to the two japanese officials, "Which story do you prefer?" And like how the japanese officials and Yann Martel in the movie chose his version of the story with the Bengal Tiger and the orangutan and the hyena and zebra so as I. And afterwards Pi added, "so as with God"...

This maybe a little philosophical and theologically explained that I tried to digest for some moments of silence. Its message is hidden but the answer will always be upon us. Upon you.

Pi practiced hindu,catholicism and islam.Each of them have its own theological perspective and ideologies that contradicts each one. But this book makes me realized that it is us who make our own way to make our religion be different from the others and upon nursing them ensing up with which who religion is true. It is like two person looking for the one side of the coin and the one with the other side. The one looking t the head may tell that it is the true face of the coin while the other may argue that his is the right picture but they didnt realize that they are looking at what they are arguing- a coin. Same as with God, we manage to debate on who is the real God but we forget to see that it is still the same God who we are worahipping. the creator, the savior and the loving of all. If that religion can make you whole and pleasing to God be good at it. No argument.

Lastly this book seems not just only the Life of Pi but it coukd the the Life of Yours...

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment